Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a 2005 Mac Mini to an HDMI tv. I found the right cable adapter. HDMI TO DVI I adapter.

I have a 2005 Mac Mini and a 48 Inch Sony Bravia tv.

While you can buy an HDMI to DVI cable its NOT going to work unless you get an HDMI to DVI I adapter.

This is the one you should get.

UGREEN DVI 24+5 VGA Adapter DVI I Male to VGA HD15 Female Adapter Converter with 1080P DVI to VGA for Computer, PC Host, Laptop, Graphics Card to HDTV, LG HP Dell Monitor, Display screen and Projectorby UGREEN

There is a link in the video below.

You will also need a 3.5 audio cable as well so sound can come out of the tv.

I forget right now if its mm or not.

I will buy this cable adapter on the first of the month and connect it to my HDMI D cable and let people know if it works or not in a video on You Tube.

George Senda

The Guy From Pittsburgh on You Tube

Martinez, Ca.

And NOT my impostor.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 8:12 PM

There are no replies.

Connecting a 2005 Mac Mini to an HDMI tv. I found the right cable adapter. HDMI TO DVI I adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.