Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to macOS Mojave result: Photoshop CS5.app stopped running/working. all other Adobes apps working correct. the difference Adobe Photoshop changed to 64-Bit. all other Adobe apps still working with 32-Bit

Updated to macOS Mojave that created the stopping of Adobe Photoshop CS5.app from running/working. all other Adobes apps working correct. I noticed, the difference is that the Adobe Photoshop changed to 64-Bit. all other Adobe apps still working, they are using 32-Bit. how can I make Photoshop CS5.app work again?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 12:58 AM

Dear Eau Rouge,

thank you so much. you saved me with your advice: "System Preferences> Security & Privacy> Privacy click on Accessibilty in the left hand column and make sure Photoshop CS5 is checked in the right hand column."

it solved my problem...

I deeply thank you and wish you only the best,

Ahlam-Sh

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2019 12:58 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Dear Eau Rouge,

thank you so much. you saved me with your advice: "System Preferences> Security & Privacy> Privacy click on Accessibilty in the left hand column and make sure Photoshop CS5 is checked in the right hand column."

it solved my problem...

I deeply thank you and wish you only the best,

Ahlam-Sh

Jan 22, 2019 7:14 AM in response to Ahlam-Sh

Quite the contrary 64bit apps should work without problem, Apple is moving to 64bit apps only in the next macOS.

In Mojave when you open 32bit apps you should get a warning about them not being optimised for Mac, they will run however but after thirty days the same warning will show.

Running Photoshop CS5 on Mojave is not supported by Adobe in Mojave, but open System Preferences> Security & Privacy> Privacy click on Accessibilty in the left hand column and make sure Photoshop CS5 is checked in the right hand column.

Another thing you could try is to open the Applications folder, click on Photoshop CS5 folder and highlight the Photoshop CS 5 app now press Command- i to get the info panel up click on all the disclosure triangles to see more information and see if there is a check box where you can select between opening in 32bit mode or 64.bit mode.

If you have made any changes like those listed above restart your Mac, and then try opening Photoshop.

One other thing to note is that https://roaringapps.com says that Photoshop CS5 is less likely to work than Photoshop CS5.1.

Check with Adobe to see if you are still able to upgrade your version of Photoshop to CS5.1

Updated to macOS Mojave result: Photoshop CS5.app stopped running/working. all other Adobes apps working correct. the difference Adobe Photoshop changed to 64-Bit. all other Adobe apps still working with 32-Bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.