Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete photos from the iCloud? How?

Most space taken on iCloud is photos. Don’t want to save them in iCould but first want to see what’s there and maybe delete. How to go to my iCloud and delete the old photos I don’t want?

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 8:24 AM

iCloud Photos is a syncing service. The photos on iCloud are the same as on your device with the possible exception that you may have space-saving optimized versions on your device if you have that option turned on. If you delete a photo from iCloud it will also be deleted from your device (and vice-versa). More information at: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you want to turn off iCloud Photos and remove photos from iCloud, see: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2019 8:24 AM in response to kscoqui

iCloud Photos is a syncing service. The photos on iCloud are the same as on your device with the possible exception that you may have space-saving optimized versions on your device if you have that option turned on. If you delete a photo from iCloud it will also be deleted from your device (and vice-versa). More information at: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you want to turn off iCloud Photos and remove photos from iCloud, see: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Can I delete photos from the iCloud? How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.