Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DRM protected music

I am a little bit frustrated. I downloaded Tempo Magic onto my iPhone so that I could change the tempo of music in my iTunes library. But so far everything is DRM protected. What can I do?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Apple stopped selling DRM protected music late 2009, and while you could have some of that if you're seeing this issue generally then I would guess you have Apple Music. Apple Music items cannot be used other than in iTunes or the Apple Music app on an iOS or Android device while you have an active subscription. In particular such items cannot be used as source files for third party apps. Buy the tracks you want to be able to play with.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2019 9:20 AM in response to Tmamamoney

Apple stopped selling DRM protected music late 2009, and while you could have some of that if you're seeing this issue generally then I would guess you have Apple Music. Apple Music items cannot be used other than in iTunes or the Apple Music app on an iOS or Android device while you have an active subscription. In particular such items cannot be used as source files for third party apps. Buy the tracks you want to be able to play with.

tt2

DRM protected music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.