Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro´s Screensaver disappears after a few minutes.

Hey guys!

As mentioned above, I have a problem with a 3rd-party screensaver called "Fliqlo", I´m sure some of you have heard about it. The problem is, when the screensaver appears after 2 minutes (my setting) it runs without problems for 3-4 minutes but then it just disappears and the screen goes black until I press a key. Why´s that? I hope you can help me.

PS: I´m running macOS 10.14.2 Mojave on a 13" MacBook Pro 2017

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 8:29 AM

I have not used this particular screensaver but the following applies to all screensavers.

• You configure your Mac so a screensaver activates after a specific period of idleness, e.g. after 5 minutes were the mouse and keyboard have not been active
  • However there is also another related setting which comes in to affect, the Mac can be set to either completely go to sleep including turning off the screen or to only 'sleep' the screen and turn it off whilst the computer remains active, this is not defined in System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver but rather in System Preferences -> Energy Saver

Note: Different 'Energy Saver' settings apply to when you are running on battery power compared to main power.

If you set the Energy Saver 'Turn display off after…' to a lower time length than the screensaver interval then you will never see the screensaver as the screen will have been turned off first.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2019 8:29 AM in response to Pasciii

I have not used this particular screensaver but the following applies to all screensavers.

• You configure your Mac so a screensaver activates after a specific period of idleness, e.g. after 5 minutes were the mouse and keyboard have not been active
  • However there is also another related setting which comes in to affect, the Mac can be set to either completely go to sleep including turning off the screen or to only 'sleep' the screen and turn it off whilst the computer remains active, this is not defined in System Preferences -> Desktop & Screen Saver but rather in System Preferences -> Energy Saver

Note: Different 'Energy Saver' settings apply to when you are running on battery power compared to main power.

If you set the Energy Saver 'Turn display off after…' to a lower time length than the screensaver interval then you will never see the screensaver as the screen will have been turned off first.

My MacBook Pro´s Screensaver disappears after a few minutes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.