Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus speaker phone icon grayed out

My 7 plus iPhone speaker icon grayed out. I can’t hear person my calling and they can’t hear me either. Face time not working either.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 2:19 PM

Hello Lailanee,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've been having some issues with audio on calls from your iPhone 7 Plus.

Are you able to hear audio from other sources, like Safari or the Music app?

Also, regarding your microphones, if you try recording a Voice Memo as a test, are you able to hear yourself?

There are a few possible causes for this type of behavior, and I have two links that will walk you step-by-step through troubleshooting. Keep in mind there's a bit of overlap on some of these steps, so you don't need to repeat any that you've already tried; for example, both are going to recommend a restart and update of your software.

I recommend starting with this one: If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working

Then, check out the steps here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If you complete these steps and you find that either issue persists, that's when you'll want to reach Apple directly. You can use this link to get in touch: Contact Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2019 2:19 PM in response to Lailanee

Hello Lailanee,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've been having some issues with audio on calls from your iPhone 7 Plus.

Are you able to hear audio from other sources, like Safari or the Music app?

Also, regarding your microphones, if you try recording a Voice Memo as a test, are you able to hear yourself?

There are a few possible causes for this type of behavior, and I have two links that will walk you step-by-step through troubleshooting. Keep in mind there's a bit of overlap on some of these steps, so you don't need to repeat any that you've already tried; for example, both are going to recommend a restart and update of your software.

I recommend starting with this one: If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working

Then, check out the steps here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If you complete these steps and you find that either issue persists, that's when you'll want to reach Apple directly. You can use this link to get in touch: Contact Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Cheers.

iPhone 7 Plus speaker phone icon grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.