Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

My iPad no longer has connection with any text messages that I want to send to any of my contacts.

It used to be where I would get the text messages on my iPad and on my iPhone so if I did not have my phone with me I would still be able to get my texts on my iPad. How do I bring that back?

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 9:13 PM

8 replies

Jan 22, 2019 9:18 PM in response to athena210

Your iPad is not a cellular telephone. It has no SMS text message capability whatsoever, even if you have a cellular data model.

The iPad can send/receive iMessages to/from other Apple devices. It can also use your iPhone in a Handoff mode to send/receive SMS text messages. But the iPhone must be involved.

See "SMS and MMS" here.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jan 24, 2019 9:49 PM in response to athena210

That choice does not exist in my iPad settings anything else that you may think that is a problem with it?
Also I noticed that any person dogs outside of iPad iPhone cannot be reached with a text message from the iPad

Correct, there is no setting like that on your iPad. That is why I told you to make sure your iPhone had that setting. The messages need to be forwarded from the iPhone to the other devices.

GB

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.