Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fingerprint scanner not recognising

Please help me

i’m suffering with a big problem

sin August/September 2018 the fingerprint sensor of my iPhone 6s is not recognising but as home button it’s working

i thought it was caused for ios update

but still now it’s not fixed as I updated to latest ios 12.1.2

please help me what should i do for solving this problem

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 11:27 PM

If you can't unlock your iOS device using Touch ID, can't enroll a fingerprint, or you're asked to enter your passcode, learn what to do.

Follow these steps. Try using Touch ID after each step:

1. Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.* For the Home button, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris.
  2. Your finger should cover the Home button completely, touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, you shouldn't tap too quickly or move your finger around.
  3. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Home button or the surrounding ring.
  4. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on, and that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  5. Try enrolling a different finger.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2019 11:27 PM in response to MdwkSakib

If you can't unlock your iOS device using Touch ID, can't enroll a fingerprint, or you're asked to enter your passcode, learn what to do.

Follow these steps. Try using Touch ID after each step:

1. Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.* For the Home button, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris.
  2. Your finger should cover the Home button completely, touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, you shouldn't tap too quickly or move your finger around.
  3. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Home button or the surrounding ring.
  4. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on, and that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  5. Try enrolling a different finger.

Fingerprint scanner not recognising

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.