Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 1 Battery Drain fix?

Will this latest update fix the huge battery drain I’m experiencing? I’ve tried every fix and nothing worked.

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 4:30 AM

10 replies

Jan 24, 2019 7:05 AM in response to Raeb44

Hello Raeb44,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you've been experiencing issues with the battery on your Apple Watch Series 1. I know battery issues can be concerning. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, I recommend reviewing the steps and tips in the links below for help with maximizing your battery life:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch

Batteries - Maximizing Performance

Also, take a look at the link below for information on what fixes are included in the latest update:

About watchOS 5 Updates

If the issue persists, tell us more about what you've been experiencing. Please include any troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Jan 28, 2019 9:11 PM in response to Raeb44

Let me know if you figure out an answer. About 2 weeks ago my Apple Watch series 1 started draining like crazy. I used to be able to go through my whole day from 6am until 9 or 10pm and still have a bit of charge left. I haven’t changed any of my usage habits, downloaded new apps or anything, but now my battery won’t even last 7 hours before I have to put it into reserve mode. Even if I put it on airplane mode, the battery drains consistently. I’ve tried unpairing and re-pairing, getting rid of extra apps, etc, and nothing helps. The watch is just about useless, one workout completely drains the battery.

Jan 29, 2019 9:36 AM in response to klola

The update did NOTHING for the battery life. I’ve tried every suggested fix down to completely resetting or reformatting the watch. I’ve unpaired/repaired; turned off all background refreshes.; dimmed the brightness; lowered the sound/haptics; deleted apps; use black faces... you name it, I’ve tried it. My watch dies halfway through the day if I work out. It’s dead by 5 pm if I don’t work out. It’s only been like this since the last couple updates. Hmmm, Perhaps we are being pushed to but a new Apple Watch.

Jan 31, 2019 12:06 PM in response to klola

KLola... I don’t know if it’s coincidence or what but since our discussion and for the past two days the battery life of my watch has improved to what it was before the updates. The only thing I’ve done differently is turn off my FaceTime App switch on my iPhone... nothing else has changed. My activity level has not varied much either. So maybe it was the app or maybe Apple has more control over our devices than we know. But you might want to give it a try.

Apple Watch series 1 Battery Drain fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.