Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime answered on another device

SOLVED!!: “FaceTime answered on another device”

For a while I was bothered by this caller, calling me on FaceTime. I wouldn’t answer since I didn’t recognize the number but the call would drop and when I’ve looked at my call log, it would mention “Answered on another device” and for about 2 years I would get this call on and off and I’ve looked everywhere online for an answer and couldn’t find one. My husband has even answered one of these calls and asked him not to call anymore. Even Apple associates couldn’t figure it out. I’ve even confirmed it with my phone provider and my number cannot be duplicated. I even had changed my password for ridiculous amount of times I can’t even count. 

So last night I made a brave decision to message the person calling me, sent a screenshot of their call and then asked them who he was and why does he keep calling.

Apparently, he had my number saved as one of his contacts for his friends. So whenever he would tap FaceTime call on his friends’ contact, it would call me too. I asked him to delete it so we’d have no further contact.

This morning I made a test with one of my children’s iPads and added their FaceTime email to my contact info. Called from my phone and answered on my own iPad. Upon looking at my child’s iPad FaceTime log, it said... “Answered on another device.”

sorry for for the long story but I hope this answer helps!

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 7:10 AM

I have the same problem too

but I don't understand

If he save your number to his friend's contact.

When he tap facetime call, it supposed to call you

how could his friend answer the call?

Does it mean when he tap the facetime call, he actually calling two people in the same time?

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 30, 2019 7:24 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

This issue is NOT the same as Group FaceTime. This is talking about FaceTime call that’s answered on another device.

I will reiterate.

I have my contact info saved on my contacts which my phone recognizes as “me”.

I added two FaceTime enabled emails to my own current contact info. One that is my daughter’s and one that is my son’s. Both of which already have their own numbers/emails on a contact info under their name on my contact list.

I hit the FaceTime icon on my contact info that contains their emails on my phone and it calls my daughter’s iPad and all her associated devices using that account (iPhone, iPad, Mac), it also calls my son’s (iPhone & iPad), and it calls my own iPad and Mac.

I answered the FaceTime call on my iPad and then hung up. I checked both call logs on my son’s and daughter’s iPad and it says “FaceTime answered on other device”.

If this explanation doesn’t make it any clearer then idk how else to help you.

Best case if you don’t want to contact the person calling you, just block their number/email.

Thanks for reading

FaceTime answered on another device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.