Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email from iSupportApp stating my user ID has been disapled because used my Apple ID to log into a different web browser in Germany. They put a link in the email to reinstate my user ID. Is this a fake Apple email?

I received the following email and I need to know if this is from Apple or is this someone trying to get information or steal from me.

The email came from iSupportApp.

Any help will be appreciated.

Here is what the email said.

Thanks,

Kerry

Dear  ****.

Your Apple ID was used to sign in to a new web browser.

Date and Time : Wednesday, January 23, 2019

IP Address : ****

Your Apple ID has been temporarily disabled for security reason.

When you see this alerts, you can go to HERE to unlock your account with your existing password.

Your Apple ID will permanently disabled if you do not verify your identity under 24 hours.

Sincerely,

Apple Support

Apple ID | Support | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved.

[Edited by Host]

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 6:05 PM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2019 6:05 PM in response to Kerrylh

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

I received an email from iSupportApp stating my user ID has been disapled because used my Apple ID to log into a different web browser in Germany. They put a link in the email to reinstate my user ID. Is this a fake Apple email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.