Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accidentally deleted wifi extender network

I accidentally deleted my wifi linksys6500 extender from the network. It will not accept my password when I try other network. Then says I am not connected to the network and do not have an IP address.

Help! I've tried everything. Do I reset the password, start all over and set up the extender again or just give up!

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 9:49 PM

Do I reset the password, start all over and set up the extender again or just give up!

Never give up. Follow these instructions: Setting up the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender

I believe you will want to start at Step 4. You may need to reset it as described in its Note.

Communicating directly with such devices for configuration purposes typically requires temporarily disconnecting your Mac from its usual wireless network. Step 4 describes that too.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2019 9:49 PM in response to 11Timothy

Do I reset the password, start all over and set up the extender again or just give up!

Never give up. Follow these instructions: Setting up the Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender

I believe you will want to start at Step 4. You may need to reset it as described in its Note.

Communicating directly with such devices for configuration purposes typically requires temporarily disconnecting your Mac from its usual wireless network. Step 4 describes that too.

accidentally deleted wifi extender network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.