Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus freezes on phone screen

I am having to shut down my iPhone 8 Plus and restarting it to unfreeze my phone screens. I can still use my other apps (text, internet, etc.) but all of the phone screens are frozen.

I've tried using the Reset Settings and it is still freezing on me.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 8 Plus, 12

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 5:01 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2019 9:44 AM in response to TJMonroeWI

Hello TJMonroeWI,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your iPhone is freezing and requires a restart; I'd like to help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If you still have issues after trying all the steps listed in the article, answering the following questions will help me better understand the issue.

• Are you using a particular app or apps when this issue occurs?
  • Was there an event that led up to this happening?

Best Regards.

Jan 27, 2019 4:17 AM in response to chris_g1

Thanks for your response. I had already tried all the suggestions EXCEPT deleting the app; I cannot delete the phone app!

The phone screen freezes at different times. This last time was when I had just finished a FB session.

Here is a screen shot of what my phone Favorites screen looks like when this happens; I’v Purposely marked out the last names for privacy. You’ll notice the left side initials are missing. Also, I cannot move to any other phone screen but can use the home key to use any other apps.

iPhone 8 Plus freezes on phone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.