Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reboot to Windows with bootcamp

Hello,

As a fairly new Mac user and the fact that I need windows for some gaming, I have used Bootcamp.

The problem is that going from Windows to MacOS is easy, just select to reboot to MacOS from Bootcamp icon.

But to get to Windows from MacOS is a problem.

I read that you need to hold down the option button during boot and that is correct, but it the timing is wrong you will miss it. Why is there no icon to "reboot to windows" same as from Windows to MacOS?

Second problem is that I have the expensive wireless keyboard, but the option button is not working during boot on the wireless keyboard so I must connect the charging cable even if I the keyboard is fully charged. Or I must connect a PC keyboard or similar.

Why is this made so hard? First of all, why does the guide say to hold down the option key when itäs not working. If apple already knows that it's not working for wireless keyboards,m why not mention that in the guide? And second, why not create a simple icon on OSX to reboot to Windows, like the one that can be found in windows to do the reverse?

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2019 1:39 PM

System Preferences should be a dock item:

Or in Applications->Utilities->System Preferences, or the second item in

the Apple Menu "System Preferences...".

In System Preferences, select Startup Disk icon:

Click on that icon and select the bootcamp disk.

Similar questions

4 replies

Reboot to Windows with bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.