Skip navigation

iPhoto library won't sync to iPhone 4

95391 Views 92 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 8:01 AM by Anthony Moore4 RSS
1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next
browe83 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 10, 2010 10:44 PM
Hi,

iTunes is no longer syncing my iPhoto library to my iPhone 4. Everything was syncing fine when I first got the phone, but, over the past week or so, it's stopped syncing photos.

Now, after attempting to start from scratch by deleting all the photos on my iPhone, iTunes won't sync ANY photos from iPhoto back to my iPhone. I've restarted my phone, computer, etc., force quit all photo-related apps on my iPhone, and tried various combinations of turning iTunes' photo syncing on/off, switching photo sync folders, etc., all to no avail -- I can't get my iPhoto library back on to my iPhone no matter what I do.

Anyone encounter a similar situation? (I've already sent feedback to Apple.) Thanks in advance.
MacBook (Late 2008) (2.4GHz), Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4GB RAM, 1TB HD
  • mrkdllc Calculating status...
    Jul 11, 2010 12:26 AM (in response to browe83)
    I'm having the same issue. My iPhone 4 no longer mounts (or is visible) as a drive within iPhoto, and will not sync photos via iTunes either. No error messages are reported during sync within iTunes, and my option to "sync photos" is enabled...but it is not working.

I've noticed that my iPhone 4 DOES show up, however, if I sync iTunes while iPhoto is open. Suddenly, the iPhone is visible in iPhoto, but it cannot read files from it.

Please help!
    2009 8-Core Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • andrew platt Calculating status...
    Jul 11, 2010 1:45 AM (in response to mrkdllc)
    yep similar problem here, i can still sync photos via itunes, but the iphone shows as a non-readable drive in iphoto.
    bw
    Andrew
    3.3ghz iMac, 12PB /G3 iMac/G4 eMac, 30gb ipod, iphone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.4), all with 1Gb +
  • David Ewert1 Calculating status...
    Jul 13, 2010 9:43 PM (in response to browe83)
    My new iPhone4 was syncing photos and video up until about 1 week ago, when it suddenly stopped. The photos transfer from the iPhone to iPhoto OK, but after I organizing my photos into an album and sync again -- the photos won't go back to the iPhone.
    MacBook Pro, 17", Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • cs_1988 Calculating status...
    Jul 14, 2010 3:33 AM (in response to browe83)
    Hi Guys,

Same Problem -

My Solution - Sync - They Don't appear - Turn Phone off and On - They appear.

Hope it works for you too
  • davecw Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jul 14, 2010 7:24 AM (in response to cs_1988)
    I don't think this problem is isolated to the iPhone4 - I've just noticed I can't sync any selected iPhoto albums on my iPhone 3G v3.1.3 (I don't want to update to v4 since I've heard of the slowing down issues on the old iPhone 3G). I can however upload photos from my iPhone to iPhoto.

I haven't tried a photo sync for a while but the only thing I think I've changed recently is to update to iTunes 9.2 (61). These sort of things seem to happen all the time now with Apple - an update on one thing will totally bork something else on another thing, which is why I try & hold off on updates until the inevitable problems surface. I'm getting so incredibly bored of it...I guess my next phone will be an Android...
    PowerBook G4 1.5 GHz 12", Mac OS X (10.4.11), Airport Express, D-Link DSL-300T
  • bendylanmathews Calculating status...
    Jul 14, 2010 7:27 AM (in response to browe83)
    Same problem here. I found another online discussion that suggested deleting the iPod Photo Cache, and resetting the sync history in iSync. I'm trying those solutions at the moment.
    iPhone 4G 32GB, iOS 4
  • stacb0405 Calculating status...
    Jul 14, 2010 5:23 PM (in response to browe83)
    I have a 3Gs and my photos will not sync either. Has anyone discovered a solution yet?
    iMAC, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • stacb0405 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jul 14, 2010 5:31 PM (in response to stacb0405)
    Ok I just figured out a fix....while my phone was connected to my computer I turned it off and on then re-synced it. The photos loaded then.

Hopefully Apple will fix this soon so we dont have to go through this process every time.
    iMAC, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • JoeGermuska Calculating status...
    Jul 17, 2010 4:51 PM (in response to stacb0405)
    I tried the connect-restart-sync method and was not successful.

Then I freed some space by reducing the amount of music on my phone and the sync worked.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.0, MacOS X 10.6.3

I looked in Console.app and found a few lines referring to a crash report and a failure to submit it. That file had nothing about the error at all.
    MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • sweng Calculating status...
    Jul 20, 2010 9:49 AM (in response to browe83)
    Same problem but cycling power on the phone works for me.
    Gateway 860xl, Windows 7, iPhone 4
  • Mokum Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jul 20, 2010 10:48 AM (in response to sweng)
    Same problem here, although with Aperture.
    Since IOS4, my iPhone 3Gs does not sync the photos.
    iTunes 9.2.1 does not solve anything, neither does the on/off cycle of the iPhone.
    Apple, shame on you, and solve this big bug fast please.
    MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Aperture & iPhone 3Gs
  • Rodroger Calculating status...
    Jul 20, 2010 2:04 PM (in response to stacb0405)
    I just used the "fix" and now I can see the pictures on my iPhone 4. To think we need to power cycle the iPhone to get it to work.
    Fujitsu, Windows Vista
1 2 3 ... 7 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (4)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.