Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I delete podcasts from my ipod? The podcast is gone but the title remains clogging up my list.

Also, I have the opposite problem on my computer. When I delete a podcast, the title disappears, and so I can't automatically download podcasts anymore. I have to remember each week when they drop and then go look for them in the store all over again.

Windows, 10

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 12:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2019 1:20 PM in response to CamptownLady

Hi CamptownLady,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a question about podcasts.

Regarding deleting podcasts, what method are you using on each device? When you say the podcasts are deleted but the title remains on your iPod, what exactly do you see? Are you deleting the podcasts using the method under the "Download or delete episodes" section? Subscribe and listen to shows in the Podcasts app.

Also, how are you adding these podcasts to your iPod? If you're syncing them from the computer, you might try these steps to remove them by syncing again: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer.

On the PC end, what steps are you using when you delete the podcasts? Are you subscribing to these podcasts?

I hope this helps get you started.

Take care.

Jan 27, 2019 4:54 PM in response to Joseph_S.

When I delete a podcast on my Ipod which I have download from the computer, the episodes are gone, but I can't delete the name of the podcast on my Ipod. There are several old podcast names on the Ipod I'm not interested in that I can't get rid of.

Conversely, when I download them to the computer, I delete the podcast, after I copy it to my Ipod, but when I delete the podcast the name of the podcast disappears, so my library ends up empty.

how can I delete podcasts from my ipod? The podcast is gone but the title remains clogging up my list.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.