Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari unable to scroll with High Sierra update 10.13.6

After the two recent updates to High Sierra (January 2019), I can no longer scroll down a web page in Safari. Unless I keep resizing the window. Then the vertical scroll bar appears. I cannot do this with a desktop folder either unless I change the view choice to file folder icons in the folder. Apple - please fix this bug. It is taking me forever to see all of my files and webpages. Switching to Firefox now, which does not have the same problem. This issue is isolated to Apple software, at least, with Safari. Annoyingly, I can't post this until I resized my window 3 times.

MacBook Pro 13", 10.13

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 8:01 AM

Thank you, @dialabrain! Your solution is the workaround for the new problem that the option "Automatically based on mouse or trackpad" is no longer working in 10.13.6. It cannot be a coincidence that this has been working for me - I've always had it set on this for every OS version since it was introduced - until I performed the two updates last week for High Sierra.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2019 8:01 AM in response to dialabrain

Thank you, @dialabrain! Your solution is the workaround for the new problem that the option "Automatically based on mouse or trackpad" is no longer working in 10.13.6. It cannot be a coincidence that this has been working for me - I've always had it set on this for every OS version since it was introduced - until I performed the two updates last week for High Sierra.

Safari unable to scroll with High Sierra update 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.