Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch audio output on iPhone Xr

My Xr has several audio output choices-- e.g., iPhone, car audio, Sonos and connected bluetooth devices (even playing through my hearing aids). I can set audio preferences under the General/Accessibility menu. With iOS 11, one could swipe up from the bottom of the screen to activate Switch Control and easily view and select audio output. Since the swipe up gesture is a different (and essential) function in iOS 12, is there a simple & expedient way to change audio output without having to navigate through 3 levels of setting menus?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 8:07 AM

Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to bring up Control Center, press and hold on the music controls top open them, and then press on the "triangle with circles over it" on the top corner of the music controls to bring up the audio output menu, all currently detected and accessible audio output devices will be listed there.

Tap on one to redirect the audio to it.

See here for more details: How to AirPlay audio - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2019 8:07 AM in response to DrCharlie

Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to bring up Control Center, press and hold on the music controls top open them, and then press on the "triangle with circles over it" on the top corner of the music controls to bring up the audio output menu, all currently detected and accessible audio output devices will be listed there.

Tap on one to redirect the audio to it.

See here for more details: How to AirPlay audio - Apple Support

How to switch audio output on iPhone Xr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.