Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer excel spreadsheet from MacBook Pro to numbers for iPad

I have excel spreadsheets on my MacBook Pro and want to transfer them to Numbers on my iPad.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

iPad, 9

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 6:54 AM

just open the file in numbers, it should convert automatically. (save to an iCloud folder, then open is easiest) Save as a numbers workbook.

If you dont use iCloud, you can email the workbook and open on your ipad.

You do need to remember that some things dont convert over from Xl to numbers. Search the forums and you will find multiple posts about certain excel features that don't convert over in numbers. Things such as pivot tables and array functions. There just arent equivalent tools in numbers.

Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2019 6:54 AM in response to jrlerl711

just open the file in numbers, it should convert automatically. (save to an iCloud folder, then open is easiest) Save as a numbers workbook.

If you dont use iCloud, you can email the workbook and open on your ipad.

You do need to remember that some things dont convert over from Xl to numbers. Search the forums and you will find multiple posts about certain excel features that don't convert over in numbers. Things such as pivot tables and array functions. There just arent equivalent tools in numbers.

Jason

Transfer excel spreadsheet from MacBook Pro to numbers for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.