Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental monitoring options for iPhone

Wondering what a options apple has for parents to monitor their kids phones. I know that there are parental settings available but is there any monitoring options provided by apple?

iPhone 6 Plus, 11

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 10:29 AM

This is what Apple offers:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You might also want to contact your carrier and see what options they offer. Most U.S. carriers offer parental control features at a monthly fee.

I would avoid any of those programs that you see on line that say they give you access. Either the 1) require you to jailbreak the phone (removing all Apple's security features, making the phone more vulnerable), or 2) they require you to give them your Apple ID and passcode (security risk) or 3) they don't actually work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2019 10:29 AM in response to Rick0101

This is what Apple offers:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You might also want to contact your carrier and see what options they offer. Most U.S. carriers offer parental control features at a monthly fee.

I would avoid any of those programs that you see on line that say they give you access. Either the 1) require you to jailbreak the phone (removing all Apple's security features, making the phone more vulnerable), or 2) they require you to give them your Apple ID and passcode (security risk) or 3) they don't actually work.

Parental monitoring options for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.