Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote builds disappear.

Using Keynote ver. 8.3 (5989), builds erratically disappear. Example:

1. Confetti builds correctly for object Automatically After transition.
  2. Then object vanishes (with no keyboard press or mouse click). I am not changing focus to a different app or desktop.
  3. Click brings up next slide (as it should).

On some slides, builds disappear. On others, they work fine.

--> Changing to a different build (from Confetti to Dissolve, for example), makes no difference; object still vanishes.

--> Changing Start of transition (from On Transition to On Click, for example), makes no difference; object still vanishes.

Prior versions of Keynote worked fine. Same problem happens on both iMac Pro and MacBook Pro.

MacOS Mohave (ver. 10.14.2)

Any solutions?

iMac Pro, 10.14

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 9:42 AM

Solved?

Recreating the presentation worked by (1) starting with a new template, and (2) copying all the slides from the old presentation to the new. However, this only worked if I saved the new presentation with a different filename (even after deleting the old presentation and emptying the Trash).

Starting to think this could be a RAM problem.

Thanks again for your help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2019 9:42 AM in response to VicB01

Solved?

Recreating the presentation worked by (1) starting with a new template, and (2) copying all the slides from the old presentation to the new. However, this only worked if I saved the new presentation with a different filename (even after deleting the old presentation and emptying the Trash).

Starting to think this could be a RAM problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Jan 28, 2019 8:04 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks so much. I do appreciate your quick reply, but no luck. After moving Keynote to Trash, emptying Trash, restarting, and then re-installing Keynote from the Mac App Store, the problem persists.

My next step is to try recreating the presentation (which I've revised multiple times over the years) from scratch. Perhaps the presentation itself is corrupted? Just guessing.

Keynote builds disappear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.