You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add "Reward if found. Call..." to my lock screen in iOS12?

I'd like to add contact info to my lock screen so if my phone is found, someone can call my alternate number. How can I do this?

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2019 2:04 PM

You can also make a lock screen wallpaper that has your number. My lock screen is a photo that says if this phone is found or ICE please call —— and ——-.

-AJ

4 replies

Jan 27, 2019 2:49 PM in response to Phoebe333

Please be aware that a valid phone number given to the holder of your lost/stolen phone can be used against you.

They will text you, claiming to be Apple, saying they have your phone and to sign in to the fake iCloud link they give you to get it back.

Of course, once you provide your Apple ID and password, they can turn off Find My Phone and now can activate your phone.

Jan 27, 2019 4:03 PM in response to Phoebe333

Thanks for your help. This is what I did: After checking the reviews for the apps, i decided to make my own lock screen from a photo. I took a photo of an abstract painting and went into Photos. Edited using the marker and text. You can drag the text box around and select the size and font that you put in it. I then saved the finished picture to an album called Wallpaper because you can't see which picture has text in the thumbnails. Also, your picture will be enlarged when the lock screen is formed so you can't make the text too large or too near the bottom of the image or it will be cut off when you form the lock screen.

Thanks for pointing out how the phone number can be used against me. I wouldn't have thought of that, but I am offering a reward for the return of the phone and would expect to meet with someone and give them cash at a Starbucks...

How can I add "Reward if found. Call..." to my lock screen in iOS12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.