Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes & App Store required for iMessage

When Touch ID is enabled for all purchases in order to receive and send iMessage how do I avoid automatic download new purchases if payment is required for such payment if any.

thanks

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2019 12:12 AM

Do I need to keep signing in to iTunes & App Store in order to receive and send iMessages in Messages?

No, you just need to be logged into Messages

If so, how to avoid automatic downloads that may require payment?

Whether or not you are logged into an account in the store won't make any difference to some charges e.g. auto-renewing subscriptions (that you haven't cancelled) will be charged even if you aren't logged in (or if you've deleted the app that the subscription is in), and similarly pre-orders if they become available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2019 12:12 AM in response to Sblau

Do I need to keep signing in to iTunes & App Store in order to receive and send iMessages in Messages?

No, you just need to be logged into Messages

If so, how to avoid automatic downloads that may require payment?

Whether or not you are logged into an account in the store won't make any difference to some charges e.g. auto-renewing subscriptions (that you haven't cancelled) will be charged even if you aren't logged in (or if you've deleted the app that the subscription is in), and similarly pre-orders if they become available.

ITunes & App Store required for iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.