Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 microphone not working

Started 3 days ago. I’ve had this iPhone 7+ for over a year, and never had issues with the microphone. I can’t hear or speak to anyone on a phone call (even though the call appears to go through). I can’t talk to Siri or even use my “Shazam” app to listen to a song I might want to purchase.

Ive alread tried several soft resets, and 3 hard resets. I also completed the last software download and upgrade. I know the external speakers work; because I can hear music out of them. However, I cannot use a wired headphone set.

Currently I have an appointment at the Apple Store to have the phone looked at this coming Thursday afternoon.

iPhone 7 Plus, 12

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply
2 replies

Jan 28, 2019 9:24 PM in response to Gumbyator

Hello Gumbyator,

It sounds like you're experiencing multiple mic failure, as different microphones handle Siri interaction and calling. You've also attempted several of the recommendations listed in the help article If the microphones on your iPhone...aren't working. And have noted one of the issues in If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode.

You may double check both articles for any quick information as reference, but your Genius Bar reservation will prove more helpful, as your iPhone will be diagnosed. You will also be able to take care of any repairs, if necessary, or if you're willing.

If you need any other support between now and your reservation, feel free to Contact Apple Support.

Regards,

iPhone 7 microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.