Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off icloud when you no longer have the device

I need turn off the additional icloud storage on my previous phone, how do I do this? I am still being charged.

iPhone 6s, 12

Posted on Jan 29, 2019 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2019 4:52 AM

Do I gather you have moved to a new iPhone and are using iCloud Storage on that? In that case it's the same storage (the storage is online, not on the phone) so you don't want to turn it off.

If however you really don't want the storage - for example if you've moved to Android - then follow the instructions here:

Downgrade your iCloud storage - Apple Support

This will downgrade you to the free 5GB level but of course does affect any device logged into that iCloud account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2019 4:52 AM in response to mdgrover

Do I gather you have moved to a new iPhone and are using iCloud Storage on that? In that case it's the same storage (the storage is online, not on the phone) so you don't want to turn it off.

If however you really don't want the storage - for example if you've moved to Android - then follow the instructions here:

Downgrade your iCloud storage - Apple Support

This will downgrade you to the free 5GB level but of course does affect any device logged into that iCloud account.

turn off icloud when you no longer have the device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.