Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn exec files into photos?

backed up my iphone 6 before it died (havent been able to get it working for almost a year, which is a whole other problem) and ive managed to find the photos on my Macbook Pro (with great difficult, you'd think Apple would make it easier to do!!)

however they all come up as exec files, all labeled things like "00a8c1ad137" etc etc, which, when clicked on, display the photo. but when moving it to a usb for example (trying to make room), they just come up as text on terminal??

how do i convert them to something worth seeing through Macbook and iPhones??

MacBook Air 11", 10.11

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 12:22 AM

4 replies

Jan 30, 2019 12:59 AM in response to tarhbr

Exec files cannot be run on Mac. Counter part of exe files on Mac is dmg.

These are files linked to your Photos app on Mac. The has coded linkage to a photo or multiple photos.

Since this file only has codes, copying them to external disk will look like text.

Hence do the following to get to photos and transfer the folders.

1. Open the Finder in Mac OS and go to your home directory
  2. Go to the “Pictures” folder
  3. Locate the file named “Photos Library.photoslibrary”
  4. Right-click (or Control+Click) on “Photos Library.photoslibrary” and choose “Show Package Contents”
  5. Open the folder named “Masters” to find the image files contained within Photos app

The Masters folder contains directories of photos organized by date in year, month, and day subfolders. Within each folder are the image files from that specific date.

how to turn exec files into photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.