Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

My iPhone is locked with the activation lock it was showing the hint but when I enter the apple id it say this was not the id used to unlock this phone how to unlock it now and find the apple id I erased my iPhone without signing out from find my iphone and now it was disabled. how could I unlock my iPhone now there is no help from support team

Windows, 10

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 6:16 AM

17 replies

Jan 30, 2019 6:32 AM in response to snehal144

If you are unable to get past the activation lock screen with your Apple ID. You still have another option left. Find your original proof of purchase, or get a copy from where you bought it. It needs to show the serial number or the IMEI and that you bought it. Schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar with a technician. Bring your proof of purchase and your iPhone to the Apple Store and the activation lock can be removed.

Jan 30, 2019 7:17 AM in response to testeasdfasdf333

I do have the purchased proof but Apple Store say they won't be able to help me because they don't have the authority, they suggest me to call on toll free no. the support team from toll free no said it won't be useful until and unless you

remember apple id, they said might be this not your apple id so you try to

remember it from scratch and try it. My iPhone is locked almost from one

week. And I am fade-up from all this thing.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.