Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Places in Photos

When i take a photo in the area I live photos always says it was taken in Pemberton - Tyldesley, the thing is I live in Tyldesley but Pemberton is about 20 miles away not even in the same postal area . Ive taken photos with an iPhone and a Camera with Gps with the same result I never had this problem when it was IPhotos. How can I get rid of the Pemberton.

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 2:55 PM

Photos is reading the names of the locations from Apple's location database. Send a report to Apple the location name is wrong.

If you open the Maps.app and drop a pin at the location where you are living, you can copy the place, then click the Maps menu and click "Report an Issue". Describe the problem with the wrong location name.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2019 2:55 PM in response to postmanrtr

Photos is reading the names of the locations from Apple's location database. Send a report to Apple the location name is wrong.

If you open the Maps.app and drop a pin at the location where you are living, you can copy the place, then click the Maps menu and click "Report an Issue". Describe the problem with the wrong location name.

Places in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.