Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes: Clear AutoRating

I wish to clear Track & Album AutoRatings in iTunes. I understand that user tt2 kindly made some scripts to achieve this. However, when I run either of the following scripts:

ClearAlbumAutoRating

ClearTrackAutoRating

I get the following error:

This script contains uncompiled changes and cannot be run.

---

Additional: In Script Editor, when saving the script, I get the following error:

Can anyone help.

Thanks

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

iTunes 12.8.2.3

MacBook Pro 15", 10.11

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 4:41 PM

Hi Ray,

Seems the forum update last December had an unpleasant effect on my post here (and any others with the same content) losing all the carefully added formatting that matched what you would see in the Script Editor once compiled. In addition there are many missing spaces, which is why your copied and pasted version doesn't work. I've written up a new user tip, Handling grey stars - Apple Community, which can now act as a source for these scripts.

Hope you find them useful,

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2019 4:41 PM in response to ray flaherty

Hi Ray,

Seems the forum update last December had an unpleasant effect on my post here (and any others with the same content) losing all the carefully added formatting that matched what you would see in the Script Editor once compiled. In addition there are many missing spaces, which is why your copied and pasted version doesn't work. I've written up a new user tip, Handling grey stars - Apple Community, which can now act as a source for these scripts.

Hope you find them useful,

tt2

iTunes: Clear AutoRating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.