Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iphone xs freeze and then shuts down

I’ve had my phone for about a month now. The first time my phone froze and shut off I thought it was because the battery was low because it turned back onafyee 5 mins of being plugged in. The second time it happened it was on 99% charge and I was trying to take a photo. The screen froze and then completely turned off and wouldn’t turn back on no matter what I did. I decided to plug it back in and then 20mins later it turned back on. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this issue or had any issues like this the same? Can I even take it back to the shop I bought it from after having it for a month? Laptops and stuff have a year warranty and you can take it back to the store but I don’t think phones do do they?? I’ve paid a lot of money for this phone and I’m scared that I’ve bought a phone that stuffs up and is broken and that I’ll have to pay even more to get it to work properly

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 5:07 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 10, 2019 1:29 PM in response to kiri274

were you getting the error when you went to open an app, the app would highlight as if it was going to open but then the phone freezes and reboots, takes about 5 mins to go through the process? I ma getting this issue. I have had it on 3 different iPhone X the past three weeks, then I upgraded this week to an XS and am still getting the same issue.

Mar 9, 2019 1:53 AM in response to kiri274

I had mine replaced again yesterday, I am now on either my 7th or 8th device so far this year! Yes, I've lost count. I think this is my 8th....all with the same issue and all set up as new. I have had my new replacement XS for 21hrs and no issues so far.........

They have been replacing the devices with no problem in the store but It is just so time consuming.

Why does my iphone xs freeze and then shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.