Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing time zone

Hi

As Im working as a sailor I often travel between time zones. But we are not always changing the time to fit the actual location. i.e. when sailing in the english channel we have UK time on one sinde and Euro time on the other.

On my phone and Ipad I normally can change the time zone manually but for some reason has it been set to automatic and the button is disabled.

Problem is that I use my Garmin watch as alarm clock this is getting the time signal from my phone. So passing the before mentioned english channel I will jump from one time zone to another without beeing able to do anything.

I can make my watch adjust time manually but it is very strange that Im not able to do the same on my phone og ipad.

Hope you can help

iPhone 7, 12

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 5:08 AM

This may sound weird and absurd but it is true.

Settings > Screen Time > [Remove Screen Time Pass Code]

Come back to Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically [will now will enabled]

Change whatever you want,

If need be put the Screen Time password Back

That's it.

2 replies

Changing time zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.