Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music downloads on Samsung s9

have Installed Apple Music on my new Samsung phone but it won’t allow me to download any of my songs so I can listen offline. I have set permissions, cleared cache, reinstalled app etc. Any more ideas? Thank you.

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 3:03 AM

Well, download suddenly started working without making any changes, i really think it's a problem on Apple's side ( using S9 Plus 9.0 AM v2.7.0 from the Playstore, i was previously using v2.3.0 from apkmirror because it was the only one that let me download) but it shows the wrong available sd card storage space. I tried v2.7.1 from apk mirror but it has the same storage bug, so i thought maybe it's better to have the latest version from the Playstore to eliminate any doubts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2019 3:03 AM in response to cp from OH

Well, download suddenly started working without making any changes, i really think it's a problem on Apple's side ( using S9 Plus 9.0 AM v2.7.0 from the Playstore, i was previously using v2.3.0 from apkmirror because it was the only one that let me download) but it shows the wrong available sd card storage space. I tried v2.7.1 from apk mirror but it has the same storage bug, so i thought maybe it's better to have the latest version from the Playstore to eliminate any doubts.

Feb 3, 2019 4:47 PM in response to Jill_Ems

Hello Jill_Ems,

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a few things that might help others answer your question.

1 - Were you using Apple Music on your previous Android phone? If you were, did you encounter any playback issues? 

2 - Will the songs stream when you’re connected to the internet? 

3 - What’s happening when you go to download a song? If you’re seeing any error messages, what do they say?

Enjoy your day!

Feb 7, 2019 3:52 PM in response to cp from OH

Hello, I have the S9+ Exynos and also can't download songs. I still could download songs after i upgraded to 9.0 pie, so i'm thinking it can't be the firmware, it seems like a lot of people can stream music but are having problems with downloading songs, no matter the firmware version or phone, either phone storage or sd card, there are many threads on reddit about this.

The problem started about a week ago, i'm on Pie stock firmware, no Adblock or VPN , tried clearing app cache, clearing data, clearing system cache, rebooting, installing version 2.7.1 from apkmirror, manually granting all permissions, adding the app to un-optimised battery management, also disabled Samsungs's own battery optimisation. I know android pretty well and i had an iPhone 6S also, these issues were not present on iOS.

Firstly, the app itself should ask for storage permission as any normal android app would, or automatically granting permissions (eg. Spotify, Google Play music), not every user has the knowledge or patience to troubleshoot there issues.

The app version i currently use is 2.7.0 from the Play Store, i also have Itunes on my PC for better managing playlists, albums, artists, etc.

What happens is when i click the little cloud for downloading music/ playlist, it says "downloading" but as time passes, nothing happens. Another strange issue is that "png" images are added to my gallery, but they can't be viewed.

I also tried downloading just one song but in vain.

I've put toghether an Imgur album with screenshots for better understanding.

I travel alot and don't have a reliable internet connection all the time, so i really need to be able to download music. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/XF02JNy

Apple Music downloads on Samsung s9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.