Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have you seen a "malware-infections" folder in trash?

A folder named "malware-infections" keeps popping up in my Trash. It's always empty, and has a recent creation date. I can empty the trash.

I've searched a lot, and haven't found anything about this particular folder in the trash, even here on the community forum.

Where is this folder coming from?

Thanks!

Mac mini, 10.12

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 11:08 AM

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Use the Add Text button to include the Etrecheck report in your reply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2019 11:08 AM in response to Vibeeen

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Use the Add Text button to include the Etrecheck report in your reply.

Have you seen a "malware-infections" folder in trash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.