Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I recover a deleted video from Photo Booth?

Greetings,

I was watching my son's birthday video via Photo Booth and my son deleted. I checked Trash and the video is not in there.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me figure out how to recover it.

Thank you so much!!!

MacBook Air 11", 10.14

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 12:14 PM

Do you have Time Machine or some other type of backup plan enabled? If you did you can go launch Time Machine, go back to the backup made just prior to the deletion and restore the Photo Booth Library.

The Photo Booth Library is located in the Pictures folder:

8 replies

Feb 6, 2019 7:25 AM in response to dovdesshqiptare

Photo Booth is a very helpful app on macOS that allows user to take amazing selfies or record great footages. Thumbnails of your saved photos and videos are nicely displayed along the corner of the windows. You can also change effects accordingly.

But, like many other photo apps, Photo Booth file loss does happen — from accidental deletion, application crash issues, and many others.

In case, you are unable to find your video or you have deleted the videos and wants to recover it, then check the below listed available solution.

1. Look Up Photo Booth Library And Mac Trash

2. Restore Them Via Time Machine Backups

3. Use a Mac Photo Recovery Software

Feb 21, 2019 9:24 AM in response to dovdesshqiptare

You don't need it on all the time. Whenever you're working at home and can plug in the external HD to your MBA, you can have Time Machine do backups while you work. But remember, any drive used for Time Machine can't be used for general storage or other use.

You might want to get another EHD for just TM. It all depends on how important your files are.

How can I recover a deleted video from Photo Booth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.