Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just upgraded my Apple Music subscription to the Family plan. How do I let my family members know so they can login?

Very frustrating. The only topics I can get is how to get a refund. If I can’t figure out how to use the upgraded radio, I will cancel and get a refund

iPhone 7, 12

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 12:21 PM

Family members already set up in Family Sharing will automatically have access to Apple Music. The family organizer can invite people to join Family Sharing. If someone already has Apple Music as an Individual or Student, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the Family.

Invite your family

You can invite family members to join your Family on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on an Android device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After you set up Family Sharing, you can invite additional family members to join your family group.

After the invitees accept your invitation, each member of your family group will have access to Apple Music.

On your Android device

1. In the Apple Music app, tap .
  2. Tap Account Settings.
  3. Tap Manage Family. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and verify your payment information.
  4. Tap Continue to proceed with inviting family members, then tap Add Family Member to invite additional members.

You can either send family members an email invite to join your family or have them enter their Apple ID and password directly into the Apple Music app. If the app asks to access your contacts, tap Allow so that you can quickly search the contacts that you have saved to your Android device.

After the invitees accept your invitation, each member of your family group will have access to Apple Music.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2019 12:21 PM in response to xyz132

Family members already set up in Family Sharing will automatically have access to Apple Music. The family organizer can invite people to join Family Sharing. If someone already has Apple Music as an Individual or Student, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the Family.

Invite your family

You can invite family members to join your Family on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or on an Android device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

After you set up Family Sharing, you can invite additional family members to join your family group.

After the invitees accept your invitation, each member of your family group will have access to Apple Music.

On your Android device

1. In the Apple Music app, tap .
  2. Tap Account Settings.
  3. Tap Manage Family. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and verify your payment information.
  4. Tap Continue to proceed with inviting family members, then tap Add Family Member to invite additional members.

You can either send family members an email invite to join your family or have them enter their Apple ID and password directly into the Apple Music app. If the app asks to access your contacts, tap Allow so that you can quickly search the contacts that you have saved to your Android device.

After the invitees accept your invitation, each member of your family group will have access to Apple Music.

I just upgraded my Apple Music subscription to the Family plan. How do I let my family members know so they can login?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.