Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air - apple.com/support -2006F

Hi there

Preparing to sell my old MacBook Air (early 2015) and have used disc utility to wipe the HD. Tried to install OS against from disk utility, but it failed after hitting "continue".

Tried then to use internet recovery by restarting and holding down: Option + Command + R. It says that it "could take a while" to start but then fairly quickly i presents an error that says:

apple.com/support

-2006F

Any ideas?

thanks

cs

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 5:29 PM

Hello sykeout1980,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with the alert apple.com/support

-2006F.

I recommend trying to reinstall macOS using another wireless network. When connecting to another network, make sure it meets these requirements: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If the issue remains connected to another network, I recommend contacting AppleCare for more assistance with this. Use this link to contact AppleCare: Contact - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2019 5:29 PM in response to sykeout1980

Hello sykeout1980,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with the alert apple.com/support

-2006F.

I recommend trying to reinstall macOS using another wireless network. When connecting to another network, make sure it meets these requirements: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If the issue remains connected to another network, I recommend contacting AppleCare for more assistance with this. Use this link to contact AppleCare: Contact - Official Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Feb 4, 2019 5:45 PM in response to sykeout1980

Hi

that error says your Mac could not access the Internet to perform the Restore.

Try fixing the NVRAM which is responsible for that.

Reset the NVRAM

1. Shut down your machine. Yes, a full shut down, not just logging out.
  2. Press the power button and then press the "command option p r" keys. You have to make sure you press these keys before the gray screen appears or it won’t work.
  3. Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
  4. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.

MacBook Air - apple.com/support -2006F

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.