Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my restriction code

help me reset my restriction code

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 10:26 AM

The restriction code for Screen Time? If that isn't what you are asking about, more information would help.

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Parental controls

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset. You will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Isambaz

The restriction code for Screen Time? If that isn't what you are asking about, more information would help.

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Parental controls

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset. You will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting

Forgot my restriction code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.