Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac HD not able to fill up 50gb of hard drive, Disk Utility and Terminal not locating anything

I recently did a bootcamp partition, 50gb, and when I was in windows, accidentally pressed "format". This was after an error given by windows as it was finishing up installation, and I went back into Mac and tried to delete the partitions. Boot Camp deleted OSXRESERVED, but not the other partition as "an internal state error occurred". After trying many things I eventually reformatted that partition as "Free space" through Terminal, but after that it disappeared. The problem is that Macintosh HD is unable to fill up that 'Free space' and it's not showing up through Disk Utility or Terminal.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 6:29 PM

Run

diskutil eraseVolume free free disk0s3

diskutil apfs resizeContainer disk1 0g

and post the output.

The 'EFI NO NAME' indicates a connected external storage device during Windows installation, when none is required/requested by BC Assistant.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mac HD not able to fill up 50gb of hard drive, Disk Utility and Terminal not locating anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.