Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you see the call history for one specific person or number on an iPhone?

I know the iphone keeps a call history in "Recents" of all the calls you have made to "all" numbers, however it appears that Apple has not provided the ability to go into an "individual" contact and view the call history for just that contact. eg. I know I rang a friend a couple of times during the last few months, but I needed to clarify exactly when those calls were made exactly. The information is actually in the iphone - but its just not linked and sorted via the iphone contacts list.

Will Apple ever provide this feature??

Is there a simple App out there that can do this (and not a full blown CRM app)? However I have heard that Apple has restricted developers from accessing this call history information on the iphone .... which makes app development in this area a little bit hard.

This seems like such a simple and useful feature to have.

Does anyone have any other suggestions ... or shall I just move on.

iPhone 6, 12

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 4:00 AM

Thanks for the quick response. Yes the comms carriers are the last resort, if one gets really desparate. However since all the information is already being stored on the iphone, all be it, in a different order, it just seems a bit odd that Apple don't provide a tweak to provide this information in a much more easily accessible format ...... as opposed to downloading phone records from a third party and filtering for the number you want. If enough people feel that this is a feature worth having - maybe Apple will provide this minor tweak. I think they used to provide it in a limited format back in 2010.!!!

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2019 4:00 AM in response to sergekills

Thanks for the quick response. Yes the comms carriers are the last resort, if one gets really desparate. However since all the information is already being stored on the iphone, all be it, in a different order, it just seems a bit odd that Apple don't provide a tweak to provide this information in a much more easily accessible format ...... as opposed to downloading phone records from a third party and filtering for the number you want. If enough people feel that this is a feature worth having - maybe Apple will provide this minor tweak. I think they used to provide it in a limited format back in 2010.!!!

Feb 6, 2019 4:27 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thx Lawrence, I understand it, that phone records can be viewed by going back through carrier records. However I was just wanting to make sure that this feature that I was after was not in the iphone already. Being able to click on one of your contacts in your iphone (say possibly a business contact) and being able to see that you did indeed last contact them on 4 separate occasions in the last 2 weeks; is just a handy feature to have, and it would seem as if all the info is already in the iphone already. The iphone keeps text messages for up to a year and it would work the same way as this feature ie. look up the contact in your text messages and see all the texts that have been made to them over the last ?? period of time. I have downloaded phone records in the past, sorted by phone number, then matched a phone number to a name ....... you get my drift .... its a pain in the arse....... and the iphone solutions would seem like such a simple fix.

I have already provided Apple with an Enhancement Request..... but not really expecting anything to be seriously done hear. I was alos surprised to find that there are no Apps that have been developed to provide such a feature - aprt from the full blown CRM apps. Thanks anyway for all your responses. Its been enlightening.

Feb 5, 2019 9:53 AM in response to MPH2605

"If you don´t make multiple calls on the one day, can you then see the call history of calls made to that contact last week or last month?"

No, you can't, unfortunately, and I'm running iOS 12.1.2 as well. Just to be clear: say you make 3 calls to "A" on Monday, and 2 calls to "A" on Thursday. "A" will now appear twice under "Recents", listed for Monday and Thursday. But there's no way as yet to see all 5 calls made to "A" in one list, which I understand is what you want! Regards, Ian.

Feb 5, 2019 10:24 AM in response to MPH2605

I can log into my account at my carrier and see every call I have made or received, including date and time. It goes back for at least 6 months. All carriers have this capability. In addition, all calls are listed on my bill each month.

Your iPhone does not have a list of all of your calls, only those on the Recents list. It does not save them once they roll off the Recents.

Feb 5, 2019 10:45 AM in response to seanfromllanelli

I don't see any reason to. The information is instantly available without cluttering up the storage on my phone. In addition to logging in to AT&T's site I have their app, and can review all of my calls and data transactions right on my phone. Each call shows whether it was in or out, number, date, time, duration and billing rate code. Much more info than the phone has.

How do you see the call history for one specific person or number on an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.