Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

check iPhone genuine or not

how can I check iPhone is genuine or fake? when I am buying from outside.

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 9:59 AM

Hi!

Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Make sure that Serial Number in the device under Settings > General >About matches the Serial Number on the box.

If it correctly reports your model of iPhone you are presented with, like model, color and capacity, and the expected expiration of warranty, it's genuine. Also check that iPhone can connect to, download and run apps from the iTunes Store.

Make sure, original owner turned off 'Find My iPhone' and completely erased the phone. Test a couple of SIM cards with it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2019 9:59 AM in response to Coolparth89

Hi!

Enter the Serial Number here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Make sure that Serial Number in the device under Settings > General >About matches the Serial Number on the box.

If it correctly reports your model of iPhone you are presented with, like model, color and capacity, and the expected expiration of warranty, it's genuine. Also check that iPhone can connect to, download and run apps from the iTunes Store.

Make sure, original owner turned off 'Find My iPhone' and completely erased the phone. Test a couple of SIM cards with it.

check iPhone genuine or not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.