Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active calories count up too fast

When I start a workout, the active calories burnt count up way too fast (and inaccurately) - even if I am not working out, it starts overcounting active calories. For example, I burn (roughly) 100 calories an hour when resting. If I turn on a workout, and am still just sitting down doing nothing, it increases my total calories burnt to around 350, with 250 "active" calories. So depending on how long I am measuring a "workout", it increases the total calories I've apparently burnt. I had a "workout" accidentally going when I fell asleep while testing this out, and it ended up saying I burnt >2000 calories in the 7 hours I was asleep! How do I fix this?

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 2:21 PM

Ok want did measure your calories on to get your figures to compare to your Apple Watch? Are using KJ ?

Try a reset. Press the crown and side button in until the Apple logo appears. If still having issues unpair the Watch an repair.

1 reply

Active calories count up too fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.