Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed."

I have been getting this message on my old Macbook Pro, my new Macbook, and my medium-age iMac, since January. I see that people have been getting this since 2012, but not recently. I tried the fix on CNET.com, and deleted my com.applestore.something folder, but that didn't fix it. I can't download updates, essentially. Usually it fixes itself overnight, so if I just come back in the morning the updates have installed themselves, but since January 25 that hasn't worked either; updates won't install. If I click "update" it sits there for awhile, and then doesn't, and if I try again I get this message.

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Feb 6, 2019 5:28 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2019 9:11 AM in response to leroydouglas

I have had this problem with two different computers – a laptop and a desktop – and three different networks in the last month, and several different pieces of software. I tried deleting the cache, booting in safe mode, updating everything, and using terminal mode to do something I found on a Google search that I now forget. None of those solutions worked initially but eventually the problem went away. I don’t know why, but I was grateful. I didn’t post back to say “this worked for me” because honestly nothing did, but then something did, but I don’t know what, and I didn’t think that was going to be very helpful to anybody else :-) Thanks for your help.

"The product distribution file could not be verified. It may be damaged or was not signed."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.