Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad UNABLE TO ACTIVATE after erase all data and settings

Hi, I have iPad mini 2 that never been used in almost 3 years, yesterday it was on iOS 9 and i upgraded it to iOS 12 but i want to reset it, so it might looks like new then this happened.

1. I factory reset my iPad
  2. Reboot > choose language > set network > prepare to active > unable to activate says "your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable". i believe it probably should shows the iCloud sign in interface.
  3. Changed the network to 3 different services still not work, wait for several hours still not work
  4. Tried to connect to iTunes on my Mac > the image shows exactly like this, "The iPad "My iPad" could not be activated because the activation information was invalid. Please try again later."
  5. I tried also to restore 5 times still not works, luckily i backed up yesterday and try to restore those backup but still didn't work as well, it says "iTunes could not restore the iPad "my iPad" because a session could not be started with an iPad"
  6. I tried all of the possibilities that everyone in this forum/the other site suggested but still have the same issue.

Is Apple really aware and try to solve this problem for sure??? Dude It seems a lot of people faced exactly the same issue like this since several years ago but still there is NO SOLUTION. I believe apple want us to upgrade our devices and buy a new one because most of it happened on older devices like iPhone 5s, iPad like me.. it *****.

Anyone please, help me. Thanks

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 8, 2019 2:28 PM in response to razmee209

already did and wait for the schedule, I just never found any people that faced the same problem ever solved this case (in this forum especially).. i mean there is no solution for this and apple didn't help that much. if you can see the image below shows that almost 1.000 people faced the same issues

COULD NOT ACTIVATE iPAD (ios 11) - Apple Community

Feb 8, 2019 2:32 PM in response to shaflian

Yes i'll wait.. just to prove that those solution in that link you suggested from apple officially didn't work for me

btw thanks for replying my thread, really appreciate it dude. I really looking for this solution, been searching about 6hours on internet and never find any single one that can solve this up until now.. 2 0 1 9

iPad UNABLE TO ACTIVATE after erase all data and settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.