Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my back camera shake on Snapchat? iPhone XR

I got this phone a little over a month ago, around the middle of December. At first there was no problem with Snapchat and its camera. However, for the past 2 - 2 1/2 weeks or so, my back camera will shake up and down rapidly for no reason, and no it’s not because I’m shaky. The videos I have taken of this also have a sound of a light tap as the camera shakes. I contacted Snapchat and they told me to constanct apple, I contacted apple, and they told me to contact Snapchat. The problem is only within Snapchat, not on Instagram stories, or the main camera the phone provides itself, so I don’t know why it only does it on Snapchat. I am very upset because I was planning to keep this phone for a long time. However now, one of my main apps that I use on a day to day basis is bugging out and it’s very disappointing. I don’t know what to do to fix this, and I have tried everything. I’ve reset the phone (multiple time) deleted the app, powered off the phone, created a new acc. Nothing. This phone is new and I have not damaged it, or dropped it in water, I have been extremely careful. Yes of corse I’ve dropped it a few times, but that’s normal. At this point I am tempted to go back to my IPhone SE because it seems to have a better camera at this point. If you could help that would be great, thanks.

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 7:37 PM

If the problem is with only snapchat and not other apps.

Logically the problem lies with the app. Contact the app developer.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201398

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 28, 2019 4:25 PM in response to cammi18

This just happened to me too. Later today my snap chat camera started to shake. But I still have sounds in my video when I record. This also doesn’t happen in any other app like Instagram or my actual camera on my phone. This is only affecting the rear facing camera too, not the selfie side. I contacted apple and they I might have to get my camera replaced which is extra. But when I contacted my service provider they said they would give me a new phone . But all of that extra since I just got this phone in December. I’ve restarted my phone , deleted the app multiple times. And nothing is happening. I’m very disappointed since I’m paying a lot of money for this phone that should work. Also my thought is maybe a Snapchat update caused all this but I’m not sure since this all just started today. I hope someone can fix this soon because this is very inconvenient. Another thing is I haven’t dropped my phone yet because this is an iPhone XR and I’ve been EXTREMELY careful.

Feb 14, 2019 6:01 PM in response to Miabaedke

This exact thing happened to me, it also happened to my old phone which was the 7 and it would make that same noise and shake very fast not being able to make out anything from the back camera. Now I just bought a new xr because apple told me there was nothing they could do and it is happening again with the same exact noise and shaking.

Why does my back camera shake on Snapchat? iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.