Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 09 wont open after upgrade to Mojave

I cant open a new page doc at all, and if I try to open an existing page doc I get the message -The document " xxxxxxx" couldn't be opened.

I have restarted and again, and again, done restart in safe mode, taken things off my start up something or other ...

MacBook Pro 13", 10.13

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 5:42 AM

Pages '09 v4.3 is no longer operable on Mojave. As a retired product for over five years, Apple is not going to fix this issue. Use Pages v7.3 to open your Pages '09 documents, or use Pages '09 on High Sierra or earlier.

4 replies

Feb 9, 2019 11:10 AM in response to jocelyne37

With High Sierra 10.13 or later (including Mojave 10.14.3), you can get Pages v7.3 from the Mac App Store. It will open Pages '09 and even earlier Pages documents, as well as Word and RTF documents. Just understand that Pages v7.3 uses a different document format than Pages '09, and if you attempt any change in an opened Pages '09 document, Pages v7.3 will warn you about converting the document to the newer document format.

There is no iPages product. Never has been.

Pages 09 wont open after upgrade to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.