Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email from "apple" saying Apple ID used in another country

I've been receiving emails that look like they are from apple saying my Apple ID was used to sign in in another country. If I don't verify my ID will be permanently disabled. I have received at least three over the last 2 months. It looks very real, but the from email doesn't seem quite right. Anyone else seeing this?

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 5:10 PM

Many other forum users have reported similar emails. As to what they could be getting out of it: access to your personal information, which could be used for scamming other people or for charging you for iTunes purchases.

5 replies

Feb 9, 2019 4:55 PM in response to Cunnla

I believe it is and I already forwarded the email to Apple, after reading that article. I was just wondering if anyone else has been receiving them. With the first one I got I reacted like it was real, but soon realized it was probably fake. What could they be getting out of it, I don’t think the link went anywhere which was why I became suspicious and stopped. For the last two emails I was already on guard.

Email from "apple" saying Apple ID used in another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.