Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Movies app: Recent Purchases is inaccurate

To reproduce the issue: Apple TV (4th Generation) 1) launch movies app 2) select Purchased 3) Navigate one click down to Recent Purchases

Apparently my Apple TV is recalling movies that I purchased in an inaccurate order. I suspect that possibly the movies that are currently listed have new posters or something, so perhaps they’ve been updated in the store, and are considered more recent. I’m really not sure. But these are not the eight movies that I purchased last.

I have troubleshot by going to Settings > System > Reset > Reset and Update, but the eight Recent Purchases went from four incorrect to eight incorrect.

This kind of technical issue has happened before, and a full reset as usually resolve the issue., But I really shouldn’t have to resort to such extreme measures. Apple should look at this issue more prominently.

Apple TV 4, 12

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 1:14 PM

I haven't encountered this myself nor seen much in the way of reporting.

However, if you want to make Apple aware you need to give them direct feedback. This is a user forum,.

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

10 replies

Mar 26, 2019 6:16 PM in response to ColoradoBluesGuy

Keep telling Apple so they do something about it

Apple Feedback

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I’ve had to login into iTunes on my Mac to hide movies I’ll never watch, just to reduce the clutter.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208167

i wush they’d add the ability to just do this (hiding) straight through Apple TV. I’d also like to be able to drag them into position like we can with the apps. Their announcement yesterday was all just “ this is more stuff we want to sell you ...”. I wouldn’t object to a new Apple TV model if they enhanced some features.

I'm going to send that feedback while I have this link handy!

Feb 10, 2019 2:44 PM in response to youngobiwan

It’s happening to me as well, as of yesterday. I posted on here about it, I can’t find out how to fix it,

its not new movie posters, all my old ones are the same titles and images , no new licensing issues etc etc.

my recent List is movies I got years ago.

I hope somebody can can help us out,

it seems to be in iTunes itself as all my devices are messed up, not just Apple TV. I’ve signed in and out of iCloud, iTunes etc.

Feb 12, 2019 2:03 PM in response to Scottyboy99

They must have changed something. I had all my recents there, then they’re just gone off all my devices and MacBook. All really old movies I got years ago. .

It’s something not right in the store, some sorting order has gone haywire.

it would be nice if we could have favourites list, then I could stick them into that. The only work around into finding them easier is to go around adding them to my wish list

Apple TV - Movies app: Recent Purchases is inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.