Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud don't sync anymore

I have switched on Messages in iCloud on all my devices. And as expected, after the initial setup, all messages are synced across all devices. Looked great.

However, after the setup of iCloud and initial sync, I have received a text message on my iPhone. But this simple text message (SMS) does not show up in iMessage on my Mac, even if I press Sync Now in the settings of iMessage on my Mac. (I have not switched on text forwarding in the iMessage settings on my iPhone as I believe the iCloud sync should take care of the syncing, and it has done so on the initial sync. All SMS messages have been synced.) I have already tried to sign out/sign in again to iCloud on the Mac, no luck.

Is there there some misunderstanding on my side how all this is supposed to work, or is something not working? Thanks for your help.

iPhone 8, 12

Posted on Feb 10, 2019 9:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 12:12 AM

See this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204065

You can also use the steps in this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204681

3 replies

Feb 15, 2019 11:37 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for your reply. None of the signing in/out mentioned in this article solved my problem. However, something else did: Waiting. After 3 days, text messages sync. I had received some other SMS messages, same behavior: after 3 days, they are getting synced. Weird. Not the way this is supposed to work, is it. I don't consider waiting 3 days as a solution to the problem, kind of a workaround.

Messages in iCloud don't sync anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.