Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer table into Numbers

I have a table in Safari that I want to copy and paste into Numbers. It gets destroyed in the process.

iPad Air 2, 12

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 1:31 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2019 12:01 AM in response to Norm from Deep

Hi Norm,

I can’t come up with the URL.

In Safari:

• Go to the page containing the table you want to copy to Numbers.
  • Click in the location bar (The white box at the top of the window that displays a lock and "Apple Inc." when you are reading this message.
  • The text in the box wil; expand to show the full URL of the page, and will be highlighted in blue, indicating the url is Selected.
  • Copy.
  • Return to this page, and click the Reply button under Wayne's post (or under this post).
  • Paste
  • Add any description that will help identify the correct table on that page (if needed).
  • Click Post.

Also your procedure looks far too complicated.

The instructions on the page linked in Wayne's post are there to tell the reader how to construct a table on a browser page, using html. That is not what you are trying to do. You can ignore the instructions and use the ones below to copy the contents of that table, then paste those contents into a new table in Numbers.

• Copy the url in Wayne's post, open a new tab in Safari (command-t), and paste the url into the location bar on that tab (OR command-click on the link to that url here: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp
  • On the page that opens, scroll to the last row of the table.
  • Click immediately after the last word on the table (Italy), keep the mouse button down, and drag left and up to select that word and all the rest in the table, up to Company. The table should then look like this:

• Press command-C to Copy
  • Bring Numbers to the front, and show the tale where you will paste this data.
  • Click on the top left cell of the table (ONE click) to select that cell.
  • Paste.

Regards,

Barry

Transfer table into Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.