Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover deleted recording video

How to get recover deleted my recording video on my iPhone camera roll

iPhone 8, 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 7:38 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2019 11:14 AM in response to rajibfromverginia

Hi rajibfromverginia,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're looking to recover a video that was deleted from your iPhone.

You may have a few options, depending on whether you use iCloud Photos or not. The best starting point is to see if you can find the video in Recently Deleted. The "Check your Recently Deleted folder" section of this link will guide you in doing so: Get help with missing photos

If the video was erased from the Recently Deleted folder, it wouldn't be recoverable from the Photos app. However, if you do not use iCloud Photos, there's a possibility that the video is part of a recent iCloud or iTunes backup. You can double-check to see if iCloud Photos is on by tapping Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. If it's off, I recommend taking a look at this link to see if you can Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. If you find one that you believe contains the video, here's how to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup. Keep in mind that when you restore a backup, any data added to your device since the backup date would be erased.

I hope this helps get you started in locating your video.

Cheers.

Feb 17, 2019 9:31 AM in response to rajibfromverginia

Hello rajibfromverginia,

Thank you for the follow-up reply. Were you able to check out the information in the post above? If not, I recommend starting by checking your Recently Deleted folder. If the video is there, you should be able to recover it: Get help with missing photos

The suggestion to check for a backup is a great idea as well if you're not using iCloud Photos. You can check by tapping Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and then look to see if your Photos is switched on. If Photos is on, any deleted photos/videos that are not in your Recently Deleted folder would not be recoverable.

If Photos is off, your video might be in a backup. Use these steps to see if you can find a backup that was made when you still had the video: Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

You can use this link to restore a backup if needed. If you do choose to restore a backup, any new content since the backup was made is erased as part of the process. This link will show you how to restore the backup if you have one that contains the video: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Take care.

Recover deleted recording video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.